What would you think would be in those plastic bags that you buy at the supermarket each day. Well I can tell you now that it is not what you think.
- Plastic bags are made out of mainly polethyne
- The best solution is to stop using them altogether.
- It usually takes over 100 years for a plastic bag to decompose ( that is if it is exposed to very harsh sunlight), However it’s environmental existence lasts forever.
- Some plastic bags are banned in San Fransisco
- When they are exposed to the sun they will slowly crack up into lots of smaller pieces.
- Most scientists fear that they will never decompose.
- Just about all plastic bags cannot decompose.
It is made out of:
- LDPE low-density polyethylene
- lots of polymers
- amino acids
- “amorphous” solids
- molecular weights
When they are new they have got a “new car” smell. This encourages people to buy them.