Posts by admin:
Did you know, that Taz from looney tunes, is actually an endangered Tasmanian devil?!
The Tasmanian devil is a carnivorous marsupial that is now only found in Tasmania, Australia.
The Tasmanian devil has black fur with the irregular white patches/lines throughout the exterior of the body (This line is often found on the chest area of the Tasmanian devil). Whilst the majority of the Tasmanian devil population has this white line (84%) the rest (16%) do not.The Tasmanian devil is also easily identified by not only it’s appearance, but the sounds that they make as well. Tasmanian devils are often heard hissing, growling, or even screaming at each other. This infamous scream in fact, is very well known and very, very easy to tell who makes it…
The Tasmanian devil is a carnivore. In-fact the Tasmanian devil is well known for it’s voracious appetite, this is probably due to the point that they can eat animals as big as a small kangaroo and/or livestock animals such as a sheep. And it is when the Tasmanian devil is feeding, that it is at the most risk. This is due to the fact that the potentially fatal disease: Devil Facial Tumour Disease or DFTD. Devil facial tumour disease is often spread when the teeth of a Tasmanian devil comes into contact with a diseased cell of another, unrelated devil. Once the deadly disease has been caught, inflammation and swelling around the mouth will occur and will make it extremely hard to eat, soon after this, the disease will reach the point where the Tasmanian devil will be unable to open its mouth and so it will eventually starve to death.
(I would insert a photo here however the graphic nature of it suggests I shouldn’t)
Because of DFTD and many other reasons such as poaching/hunting and deforestation, the Tasmanian devil is now classed as endangered.
So so if you have any suggestion on how to help ensure the survival of the Tasmanian is a success, please leave a comment in the comment section below.
There is an estimated 48,000 orangutans left in the world. That’s nothing compared to the 500,000 individuals there was only 100 years ago. Also, orangutans are dependent of the tropical rainforest as a place to reside at night time, as well as a way to keep above the grasp of any predators that may be waiting below.And with the horrible act of deforestation continuing to occur, the lives of the steadily decreasing population of orangutans continue to hang in the balance.
Did you know that approximately 50% of all manufactured goods that you find in your local supermarket contains palm oil. Here is a list of some of the products/brands that use palm oil: Trident, Arnott’s, Corinthians, coles smart buy, purity, swami sarasvati, organic care/natures organics and Brut endurance.
Have you ever wanted to help save the orangutans? you can do so by:
#1 Donating to an organisation that is persistent on conserving the remaining population and helping to make that population multiply. For example: WWF (World Wildlife Fund). You can see more about this great organisation at: www.wwf.com
#2 Write a letter to a company that you know uses Palm oil explaining why you believe they should stop using it immediately. You can see more on this topic at: www.joshsjungle.com/palm-oil/
#3 Stop using any product that you know contains Palm oil and advise your friends to do the same.
By doing any of the above suggestions or an idea of your own, you can join the fight to help stop deforestation, and help ensure that the population of orangutans stays healthy happy and away from the point of extinction.
if you have another idea on how to help stop the use of Palm oil, leave a please don’t hesitate to leave a comment in the comment section below and help save orangutans today!